This website is for everyone in Quarndon
We welcome contributions, information about village events and ideas from residents.
- Quarndon Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Quarndon a better place to live, work and play. Our website provides a wealth of information about how the Parish Council conducts business and what we do.
- This website includes information about Quarndon Community Groups. To find out more or to contribute to a group see the Community and COVID-19 Quarndon Support pages or email email@example.com
Photographs of the village, event information, ideas:
Use the search feature or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Here is Carol's story
On Sunday 3rd October, I was lucky enough to take part in the London Marathon. I got the place through the ballot which I applied for in the previous year and it was my first ever marathon. More »
It was a fantastic experience, even better than I had hoped and it was something I had always wanted to do ever since the very first one took place in 1981.
I ran past several famous landmarks, including through Canary Wharf, over Tower Bridge, past the Cutty Sark and finished along the Mall. It is a fantastic way to see London and I highly recommend it! The support from the crowds and the atmosphere was electric.
I embarked on my training as soon as I had my place confirmed in March and set about gradually increasing my mileage/distance each week until I reached the grand distance of 19 miles. The training paid off and I eventually completed the marathon in 5 hours 41 mins, a time I was very happy with as I was completely new to running and hadn't been training for that long relatively speaking.
Another major inspiration for me taking on this marathon was the raise funds for Cancer Research and Brainstrust. Unfortunately, my husband, Duncan, was diagnosed with cancer (malignant melanoma) in March 2020 which has spread to his brain and lungs. So far I have raised £1487 towards these two charities and am hoping to raise even more before the fundraising cut off date - 30th November 2021, so any further contributions to these charities would be much appreciated if you feel willing or able to support these causes. A huge thank you to all the neighbours who have supported me already.
Posted: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:42 by Matthew Pitt
From Amber Valley BC website -
Service has resumed but, due to the current driver shortage and weight of garden material being collected, the service is currently running about 8 days behind schedule. More »
The collection due on 7th October was made on 15th Oct. It is not yet known how late the next collection (due 21st Oct) will be. » Less
Posted: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 15:22 by Matthew Pitt
Barn Close Recreation Ground is now open for visitors to use the Trim Trail and play equipment, and enjoy relaxing at the picnic tables. More »
Health and Safety
- We have had a lot of rain, so be careful on the field.
- Please avoid the coned off area at the top of the field until drainage works and reseeding are complete.
- Read the 'how to use' information next to the Trim Trail equipment before using it.
- Golf holes; please do not use these at present.
Still to be installed
- General and dog waste bin
- Bike racks
- Kids' five a side goals
- Improved fencing
Parking in Barn Close is restricted, so please use the Village Hall Car Park.
Posted: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 17:31 by Clare Turner